So Dan turned 30 last Thursday. He was not all that happy about becoming an old man. Here are 30 things you may or may not know about him: I have pics but they won't load so I'll have to add them later. Sorry Dan. I'm sure you're disappointed.
He makes amazing scratch board wolves. Seriously. He could be a professional scratch board artist.
He has toothbrush issues. This weekend he threw his away because it was on the floor at the cabin. We didn't have an extra so he just used mine.
He is always singing. Some people say this about themselves or others but it is really true about Dan. We wakes up singing the most odd songs.
He knows zero songs all the way through. He makes up his own lyrics to just about every song. It is hysterical sometimes.
The last one is not true. He knows lots of hymns all the way through. He never needs the book at church.
Since I'm on a music kick he likes really funny and unique songs like Stacies Mom. I think working with teenagers all day has affected his music tastes.
He is an amazing teacher. I'm always finding little notes from students saying, "you are my favorite teacher. I always learn so much in your classes and you make it so fun." He pretty much rocks at the school teacher gig. All the students really relate to him.
He loves what he does for a living and despite my constant nagging that it doesn't make enough money (I know I'm terrible) he loves it and feels passionate about being a mentor and teacher to the youth.
He is an unbelievable public speaker. It's true. It is so embarrassing to go before or after him he makes me look so bad. He can wing it too and pull it off without a hitch. Whenever he speaks in a ward I am always so proud to be that awesome speaker's wife.
He is super smart and works really hard. When we were in school he got amazing grades and studied his little buns off. He still can kick my buns in any word games. I still hold the title for rummikub though.
He always has and is supportive of my little business. Even though I am constantly working, stressing, and mess making he never complains. He even helps label envelopes, cut ribbon, you name it he'll give it a try.
He never talks trash about people.
He will clean up throw up no problem. It's so nice because I am gagging the entire time and Dan comes in a saves me.
He never leaves his plate at the dinner table and is really good to help clean up with whatever mess I've left.
He has drive-through issues. He had to be coached through the bank drive-through and always would rather go in than go through a fast food drive-through.
He is really responsible and never late. He always sets the alarm clock and never sleeps in. I don't think he has EVER been late to work/school. EVER.
He has unbelievable, almost inhuman, manners. He never burps, or toots. He hates the word fart too and refuses to use it or let any of his kids use it. I really appreciate it. He also never leaves the seat up and is very clean in the bathroom. (I'm sure he's going to love reading this about himself). Sorry Dan. It's all true.
He asks for jobs to do on Saturdays so he won't feel guilty watching the game later. He likes to fold laundry while watching the game so he doesn't feel like he's wasting time. Likes might be a strong word. He is willing to fold laundry.
He has the most amazing memory of all things sports. I mean he could really hold his own against The Schwab.
He loves game shows and can answer an amazing amount of the questions.
He always call me at his lunch. Even when we're in a tiff. He's not a real phone talker either. If you can keep him on the phone more than 4 minutes you're either talking non-stop for 4 minutes or you're really a good conversationalist.
He chooses to spend his free time with me and the kids rather than golfing, or four wheeling or whatever. He is content to just hang with us.
When he gets sick, which is not that often, he really milks it. I hesitate putting this because he is currently sick.. but it's true. I can never tell if he is really really sick or a little bit sick because it all seems the same, really really sick.
He has amazing control over his temper. He never yells or swears (except at the b-ball games and that is more for effect than anything) I wish I could say the same for myself. He also recovers from things quickly and thinks of others before himself. After a hugely disappointing loss at the district tournament he still let the kids (Chloe and Cade) ride home on the bus and made sure they had a good time even though he was so bummed.
He never loses his cool either. In a moment of crisis he is cool and calm and always thinking clearly. He never lets anyone get to him. Not ridiculous refs, not crazy drivers, not super sensitive, raving maniac wife. He handles us all with his easy going, clear headed manner.
He is the BIGGEST cheapskate. He tries to get out of paying for everything. He always will buy the cheapest brand or just cut it off the list because it probably wasn't necessary. Anything to save a couple of pennies.
He is an optimist. Sometimes this is annoying because I really just want him to agree with my dramatic, catastrophic mind that NO everything is not going to work out just fine. Instead he just listens to me go berserk and then assures me it will all work out, that it's not that big of a deal and he's usually right.
He is a real party pooper when it comes to family pictures. He really hates them and after the film is developed he assures me he was smiling. He has learned to put up with them a little better though.
He will not drink milk. He'll have it in his cereal but never ever ever have a glass of milk. He thinks it is disgusting.
He is an amazing basketball coach. He works really hard all season and puts his heart and soul into his kids and the program. He tries really hard though not to let it affect him at home and he tries to do a lot of the scouting and game analyzing while we're asleep.
Happy 30th Honey. We love you.
Monday, March 10, 2008
30 for Dan
Posted by Unknown at 11:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Happy Birthday Dan! Don't feel so bad, I'm hitting the big 40 this summer, but I still feel 30!!
My friend summed it up, "I'm 22 with 18 years experience!" You can say you're 19 with 11 years experience! ;o)
Kellie--We need to get together! I'll email you my phone number.
It's fun to read all of those details about Dan. I hope the absence of burping and the gas-less-ness are passed on to your boys. And happy 30 Dan.
That was such a cute post. I enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you've got a great guy!
Post a Comment